Healthy living is a goal for most. Yet, much too often people unknowingly engage in habits that hinder this goal. There are many signs out there that suggest an unhealthy lifestyle. Being able to spot these signs is the first step one can take towards improving their body and overall health. Changing up just a few regular habits can make a drastic impact on one’s mindset and can help their body run more efficiently, which will lead to a happier and healthier life.
1. Your sleep patterns are a great indicator of how healthy your lifestyle is. When you sleep, you are giving your body the opportunity to relax and recharge. If you sleep irregularly or short yourself on hours, your body will not be able to function as efficiently as it could. Stress is often a main cause for this. Unfortunately, this tends to trigger a vicious cycle. The more stressed one is, the more sleep they typically lose, which ends up triggering more stress and tension the next day. Look for ways to resolve the stresses in your life or find techniques and routines that will help your mind relax before bed.
2. The next time you are by a mirror, check out how your skin is looking. Dry skin is a sign of an unhealthy lifestyle. If you are extra itchy lately, you could have some potentially serious problems, one being liver disease. Another thing to keep an eye on is your lips and face. If your lips are always chapped and dried out, it is a sign that your body is lacking the vitamins it needs. On the flip side, if your skin is breaking out, then you may be taking in something that your body is not agreeing with.
3. Bathroom trips will help you analyze whether or not you need to change up some living habits, as well. If you notice your urine is very dark in color, it is a strong sign that you are not hydrating properly. Light or clear-colored urine is a sign of healthy living, so strive for that by drinking water regularly throughout your day. Your bowel movements will help in your analysis, too. How often you go represents how often your body is getting rid of those toxins that could cause havoc if left in your system. You should be getting through at least one bowel movement a day.
4. Do you feel as though you are sick much more often than you should be? Everyone gets sick now and then, but if you always seem to catch whatever bug is going around, then your body is clearly not fighting these things off as well as it could be. Being sick all the time means missing work and losing out on quality time with friends and family. Try to find ways to build up your body’s immune system and stock up on Vitamin C to get your defenses working hard.
5. Feelings of anxiety should never be ignored. These feelings indicate that something in your life is not right and that changes need to be addressed. Stress and anxiety puts major tolls on your body and can trigger all kinds of diseases or cause heart problems. Not to mention, they lead to all of the other things that trigger unhealthy living, such as lack of sleep, breakouts, illness, and many more. This may be the root of your problem, so be sure to seek out help, either from friends and family or a professional, if there are issues in your life that are you bringing you down. You deserve to live a happy and healthy life.