Signs Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide is silent and deadly. When an individual is exposed to excess amounts of carbon monoxide, it can build up in your bloodstream. As the concentration of carbon monoxide in the air increases and the lungs begin pulling it in, the body starts replacing oxygen with it. This results in serious damage, unconsciousness, and even death. Since carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless, individuals can be overcome by it without any warning. Proper ventilation of spaces where it could accumulate is vital to prevent poisoning. Homes should also have carbon monoxide detectors to help protect the homeowners. And, if there is ever a doubt, a homeowner can usually contact their local fire department who can check the levels in their home to make sure they are not excessive. 

Weakness

Dreamstime
Advertisement Loading
▾ Continue Below ▾

A feeling of not being able to pick things up, walk, or perform your daily routine can be a sign of weakness. While this can be a symptom of many different ailments, it is certainly associated with carbon monoxide poisoning. It can be accompanied by other symptoms but is certainly something that must be monitored in case more symptoms begin to appear. For instance, one day you may feel too weak to make dinner and do the dishes. But, the next day, you might feel too weak to get out of bed. If the feebleness is persisting or getting worse, seek medical attention. You also need to let any health professional know if there is any reason to think it might be carbon monoxide poisoning so they can test your blood.

NEXT PAGE
Advertisement Loading
▾ Continue Below ▾
NEXT PAGE
HealthPrep Staff
NEXT PAGE
Advertisement Loading
▾ Continue Below ▾
Advertisement Loading
▾ Continue Below ▾

MORE FROM HEALTHPREP

    Advertisement Loading
    ▾ Continue Below ▾
    Advertisement Loading
    ▾ Continue Below ▾
    Advertisement Loading
    ▾ Continue Below ▾
    Advertisement Loading
    ▾ Continue Below ▾